CELEBRATE

As I scroll through my Facebook I see an obituary of a young man who died from addiction. Another young life lost to a disease where there IS a daily reprieve. It makes me pause because that obituary could have been mine if I didn't get sober. The obituary could be mine if I choose to stop following the simple program of action I have learned from 12 steps.

I want to celebrate life right NOW. I want to be grateful NOW. I want to celebrate life with you while we are still on this Earth. I do not want celebrate a life at another funeral.

My solution is to pick up the phone, to drop a card in the mail and send a text. I want to do all that I can to spend quality time with the people that I love. They are worth my time and attention.

I am going to take the trip I've been putting off, I am going to get another tattoo and I am going to make my 8th step list I've been balking at. If I wait for the “right time” I will never do it. I am worth my own time and attention.

Life is so short, let's celebrate ourselves and each other while we have the opportunity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugaring my Crown

Feel to Heal

2020