Releasing the Throat Chakra




Many times in my life I have felt like I have not been heard.  Like I have not been believed, my feelings minimized and overall misunderstood.  A big part of that is because I was NOT speaking my mind or my truth.  My throat chakra was closed and/or out of alignment.


Short description of the throat chakra found on www.chakras.info
 
The Throat chakra is the fifth chakra. Located at the center of the neck at the level of the throat, it is the passage of the energy between the lower parts of the body and the head. The function of the Throat chakra is driven by the principle of expression and communication. The Throat chakra is associated with the following psychological and behavioral characteristics:

·         Expression, in particular ability to express your truth, to speak out

·         Communication, whether it’s verbal or non-verbal, external or internal

·         Connection with the etheric realm, the more subtle realms of spirit and intuitive abilities

·         Propensity to create, projecting ideas and blueprints into reality

·         Realizing your vocation, purpose

·         Good sense of timing
The Throat chakra is about the expression of yourself: Your truth, purpose in life, creativity. Note that this chakra has a natural connection with the second chakra or sacral chakra, center of emotions and creativity as well. The throat chakra’s emphasis is on expressing and projecting the creativity into the world according to its perfect form or authenticity.”




So, how can I open my throat chakra? How can I practice speaking my mind when I need to?  It came to me by accident.

I was driving to NH and a song came on the radio.  I jacked up the volume and just sang.  That’s a big deal for me.  Those that know me well know that I don’t like loud volume.  It hurts my ears and I feel overwhelmed when the volume is turned way up. 

While singing in the car my crown chakra woke right up. My head was buzzing with energy and my throat chakra followed right behind. I just felt like I needed to sing. I was loud, clear, concise and connected.  I was reminiscing on past times I have listened to this song when I felt free and open.  It truly raised my vibration and I felt linked to a part of myself that has always been unrestricted.  It was AMAZING.

The song was DJ Kool “Let Me Clear My Throat”.  Very appropriate!
 
 
 

 

There are many reasons why you may be feeling unheard.  Work situations, family dynamics, romantic relationships, financial insecurity, politics or ya know, patriarchy in general.  I suggest if you need to release your voice pick a song, crank up the volume and SING. In the car, in your room, doing the dishes or with a friend - anywhere!  Let it out and just flow.  It has helped me immensely and I hope it does for you too.

Here is a list of songs I think will help you release your throat chakra and help you reconnect with your voice:

 

4 Non Blondes “What’s Up”
Alicia Keys “Girl On Fire”
No Doubt “Just A Girl”
Gloria Gaynor “I Will Survive”
Lizzo “’Scuse Me” and “Worship Me”
Enigma “Return to Innocence”
Beyonce “Flawless”
La Roux “Bulletproof”
Katy Perry “Roar”

 
Scroll through the “Empowering Songs for Women Playlist” on Spotify for more inspiration.
 

What makes you feel empowered and connected to your voice? Take a sec and comment a song, tool or technique that gives you that feeling!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugaring my Crown

Feel to Heal

2020