Feeling Words



I find myself using the words “good” and “bad” ALL THE TIME.  I especially struggle with pinpointing how I feel in the moment, so I reach for simple words.  I’m a writer, JFC, shouldn’t I be able to articulate my feelings or a situation with a plethora of words?!?!?  See, I just used a cool word, plethora. 

In retrospect I am able to describe accurately and with lots of pizzaz.  I am working, in therapy and home practice, at processing my feelings and situations closer to the actual time of event.  I have spent much of my life powering through painful, difficult and even joyous occasions. My goal was to get through it instead of experiencing it.  I think that is one of the reasons it is so challenging for me to express how I feel, because I wasn’t living it when it happened.  I am committed to living here and now, yet I still grasp for the right words.

My brain sees a lot of the world in “black-white-good-bad” etc.  It is difficult for me to live in the gray area and my personal glossary reflects that way of thinking. 

So, I hereby strike the words GOOD and BAD from my vocabulary. There is a dictionary of words I can choose to convey a message or feeling.  It is lazy of me to grab the most generic word or phrase to describe this human condition. 

Here is a word chart that I have seen floating around on social media.  I have even shared it before! I am going to set it as the background on my phone and refer to it in the moment when I am flustered or drawing a blank.  Also, to all the writers out there or ppl like me who struggle with feeling words...the thesaurus app has been and still is one of my greatest tools I use. Every time I use it I get taken on a journey of how expansive and intricate language is.

I also feel confident that using new feeling words will level up my manifesting!  Adding to my vocabulary will only give the Universe a clearer message of how I truly feel.  Let’s do it together. Where can you add and/or subtract stale and overused phrases from your life? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugaring my Crown

Feel to Heal

2020