Reclaiming My Time

 
 

I have been spending a shit ton of time online lately. Now that I am self employed I have more me-time, a luxury and privilege that I acknowledge and don’t take for granted. 

I write, I rest and I DO the things that bring me joy but the pull of social media is wicked strong. I open my eyes each morning and right away reach for my phone to check my media. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and the like. Plus my emails and my blog. Sometimes I end up scrolling for over an hour before I even get out of bed! It’s absurd and time consuming. 

 T I M E  is important to me. How, who and where I spend it and what I do for my self care are high on my priority list.   So why am I giving up so much of it mindlessly scrolling?!?

Well, I have the excuse that I advertise my business online. Aaaaaand my blog is online. I streamlined my timelines to show me only my close friends and people that inspire me. But still I end up scrolling...scrolling...scrolling and fucking around.  Then I give myself 5 more minutes...and another hour goes by in the blink of an eye. 

As much as I want to stop this bullshit I equally tell myself that I can do it without any help. That’s a sign that *obviously* need help and have to let y’all know what I’m doing.
 
Time for a self intervention.  
I set up the Screen Time option on my iPhone. No social media apps between the hours of 9am and 1pm. I feel most productive in the mornings but also spend most of my time scrolling during this time. 
 
I’m feeling a lot of anxiety seeing my apps go dark but also a big sense of freedom. I can spend my time that I value so much DOING the things that I love and LIVING MY REAL LIFE.  I CAN go in and change the times or turn my apps back on any time. It’s up to me as it always has been. And literally the moment when I couldn’t just scroll the hours away I started writing this post, got dressed, cleaned my room and I’m about to go to the gym. Instant results. Now to keep the momentum going and be mindful of my habits after 1pm. 

I am reclaiming my time and it feels AWESOME.


*UPDATE**

It’s been 20 minutes and I’m sitting on the bed eating jelly beans aka not at the gym. BUT I’m not on social media! Let me stack the wins where I can!  Lolol



**SECOND UPDATE**

I made it to the gym.  Winning!!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugaring my Crown

Feel to Heal

2020