F R I E N D S

 
 
 




friend


[ frend ]
/ frɛnd
noun

But I’ve never had friends like I do now. 

The friends I have now protect me and treat me like a sister. They hold me to a higher standard. They push me to be better. They call me out, they teach me and they want me to be the best I can be. I’m used to being supportive but I struggle to accept help and support when it’s offered. 

Now that I am supported I feel safe enough to be authentic.  And being authentic means that I am not always at my best, rational and selfless self.  I can feel good with just about anyone but I need to L O V E you to show you the shitty side, the hurt side and the scared side.  They teach me everyday that it is okay to feel, stumble and fall. This type of friendship, sisterhood really, is all new and it is taking some getting used to. 

I don’t have to be “on” all the time. I have the freedom to feel the whole range of feelings with my friends beside me. It’s wild, freeing and I feel valued in this group of women.  I can (and have) shared intimate details of my life with my friends to no judgement or shame. I was thanked for sharing. WOW! So this is what friendship really is. A give and take, flowing, glowing, respectful and powerful relationship. 

Don’t get me wrong, this type of friendship is hard too.  I mean, shit...I would always wish for all of us to be tip top but that is not reality.  We don’t always agree, I get annoyed with these two hos sometimes and they prob can’t stand me at times either.  

But here’s the thing...we can feel that way AND love each other...AT THE SAME TIME.  This is not an either/or situation.  “Either they agree with me or I’m done” is not even an option. 
We can agree - disagree - take time to think - act - react - take space - hug - cry...AND love.  I cannot convey how deep in my soul I feel this love because it is endless.  I never thought I could love like this outside my family and my partners.

I know I talk about these two all the time but I have to name my friends
Angelina and Corrine.  
Angelina is the straight shooter, the devils advocate and full of bright shiny Christmas bulb healing energy.  Corrine is the gentle whirlwind, calm yet powerful and glows with motherly love.  And then there is me, the old lady crocheter but young spirited and a true kid at heart.  Don't forget my epic Mohawk either!


I have great teachers in them and I am so grateful and excited for us to keep growing
 
T O G E T H E R
as true and real
F R I E N D S.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugaring my Crown

Feel to Heal

2020