2019 VIBES







res·o·lu·tion

/ˌrezəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/

Noun

noun: resolution; plural noun: resolutions

1. a firm decision to do or not to do something.

"she kept her resolution not to see Anne anymore"

synonyms: intention, resolve, decision, intent, aim, plan;  

 

 

Welcome to January 2019.  Our news feeds and emails are inundated with New Year resolution lists, diet advertisements and gym promotions.  This is the time of year that I personally make a list of things that I MUST CHANGE. My body, my weight, my habits, my lifestyle…  Usually with a loose action plan that gets abandoned after a few weeks of minimal effort.

 

Television, social media, magazines etc. tell me that I’m not good enough as I am, that I need to change many behaviors to fit into an ideal body/job/life.  The repetitive images and words tell me that I can’t possibly be happy with how the last 35 years have gone so it’s ESSENTIAL to radically modify many things all at once. The pressure of making and sticking to resolutions is the reason that I usually fail.   If I can’t do it all right now, and perfectly, then why even do it? (that’s the perfectionist and people pleaser in me). Then starts the spiral of self-loathing, binge eating and general low energy for the next few months until the season starts to change.

 

This year I did a Winter Solstice ritual with my Coven.  We had a legitimate and intimate conversation of how we want 2019 to look for each of us. These women are powerful manifestors and have helped me shape my current life and how I interact with the Universe.  We did not make resolutions, we got together and seeded our dreams into a living plant that we will all care for as the year progresses.  Most of the points we spoke into existence are offshoots of the things we are already working towards.  In this post I want to share some additional things that I am focusing on in the next 365 days, one day at a time.

 





I do the things that bring me joy.

The first thing that comes to mind is listening to live music.  Watching a musician or a group or musicians play with passion and enthusiasm stirs my soul!  I admire their commitment and it gets my creative juices moving.  It reminds me that we all have gifts to share and that I cannot be my best self without doing the things that make me feel good!

 

I spend time with the people that I love.

I have so many people that I neglect sharing my life with because of lack of time.  My schedule is packed with work and school but I can always make space for something that I deem important.  I am vowing to put my friends and family closer to the top of my priority list.  That means I am inviting my close friends and fam over for dinner at least once this year.  I love my home and sharing it with the ones closest to me fills me up with tenderness and light.

 

I share my energy with specific and special souls.

I have participated in uneven energy exchanges for far too long and with far too many people.  I put the needs of others ahead of my own and this is not a viable way of life for me especially as an empath.  Professionally, socially, educationally, sexually…the complete spectrums of energetic exchanges are equal going forward.  

 

 



 

 These things are not “resolutions” as I know that I will not be perfect at following each item to the letter.  These are the vibes that I am calling in.  Part of the reason I share with all of you is to have accountability.  I have a history of isolating and negative self-talk when I misstep or don’t reach a goal.   The more of you that know what I am doing and calling into my life the better I am able to do it.  

 

Here’s to 2019.

May it be filled with blessings, abundance and positive vibes.

So it is, so it is, so it is.











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugaring my Crown

Feel to Heal

2020