F.R.O.G.

All my life I have disliked frogs.  Their creepy eyes, long legs, croaking and freaky jumping ability; everything about them skeeves me out!  I literally shutter when I see a picture of one or a living frog.  I will avoid frogs pretty much at all costs.  For example, I used to night swim with a bunch of people at the local pond…until I saw a frog hopping around on the sand.  That was 8 years ago and I haven’t gone swimming there again. 
 
 
I always thought that it was a bad omen when a frog was put in my path because of my personal aversion to them but frogs in general are cool creatures.  They start their lives living and breathing underwater.  As they grow they transform into air breathing animals that live in between land and water. It’s practically magic.  The spiritual meanings of frogs are interesting also. 

 

Frogs represent:

 

·         Transformation

·         Change

·         Purity

·         Rebirth

·         Strength

·         Adaptability

·         Fertility

 
 
 
 


When I learned about the symbolism of the frog I realized that I have seen one at important intervals in my life - when I was a newcomer to sobriety, when I was getting ready to accept a new job, when I was leaving a lucrative job for more personal freedom and peace of mind, at a spiritual retreat that opened my mind and changed my life… 

The frog has been a precursor to immense change and transformation for me.

 
Then I learned the acronym for Fully Rely On God is FROG and….

MIND BLOWN! 

 
Who knew that the creature that I cannot stand, that I avoid at all times is the same creature that stands for trusting and relying on a higher power?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!  No coincidences I tell ya!  Its irritating to me that all this time I have been veering away from clear signs.  I was not even open to seeing the signs put in my life until very recently. 

 
During a meditation I was asking my spirit guides for a sign that they are around me.  Usually I ask to see some kind of bird, mostly a cardinal.  But this specific time I said “If you’re here, please show me a frog”.  It came to my mind without my permission!!!!!!!  I don’t WANT to see a frog…ever even though I know now, that for me, it is a good sign.  Days go by and…no frog sightings.  Then on a Wednesday I was at a client’s house, a place where I have been at least 20 times and I look over and see this…

 
 
 
 
 



 It has always been there, in the same place, I just was not willing or able to see it until that day.  The following Sunday I was at another client’s house and I noticed a piece of stationary with a giant frog on the bottom.  It goes to show my guides and helpers are always around, they hear me when I speak to them and God gives me what I need when I need it.  Even when I disagree!!

 
The past few months I have been bombarded with frog images.  Every time I see one I take a pic and add it to the group chat with my coven with the caption “ANOTHER ONE”!  I have come to believe and accept that the frog is one of my spirit animals.  That does not mean I want to see, hold or receive one as a gift (Corrine…I’m talking to you). 


I will keep my eyes open for any and all signs that the Universe wants me to see, up to and including any frogs.  I will do my best to fully rely on God and all the rest of my helpers and guides.  I mean, seriously, they have carried me this far and I have no doubt that I will always be supported.
 
Here are a few more of the frogs that have seen lately.
 

 

 





 

I am slowly coming to love seeing these little creatures all around me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugaring my Crown

Feel to Heal

2020