One Year


11/22/2017
One year ago I was sitting at Cape Cod Hospital waiting for my life to completely change.  I was waiting to have cancer removed from my body.  I was praying…

Praying that my family knew how much I loved them.

Praying that my doctors and their staff got a good night of rest.

Praying that I will be able to hold it all together.

Praying that I will wake up after surgery.

And I woke up, whew.  Life goes on.

Today I started my day at the gym, taking the best care of my body I am capable of.  I ate a healthy breakfast.  I took a shower and had coffee.  Life goes on.

 Today I am grateful.

I am grateful for my family.  They took care of me when I couldn’t do it myself.  They supported me emotionally, physically and financially.  They continue to hold me up.  There are truly not enough words to convey how much I love and cherish all of them.    

I am grateful for my friends. They lift my spirit, send me good vibes and keep me laughing.  They also gave me daily prayers.  On the days that I felt like I couldn’t do this life anymore – I was able to rise up and carry on.  I credit that to the power of prayer.

I am grateful for the 12 step program.  It has given me a simple design for living and a group of amazing people who understand me.

I am grateful for God.  He/She has carried me through the most difficult year of my life.  I have everything I need and I KNOW that I will always, always, always be taken care of.

Lastly, I am grateful for cancer.  Weird right?!? It came and left quickly and completely changed my whole life.  It has brought me to a place in my life where I am embracing my gift and enlarging my spiritual life. My mind is open to new and radical ideas and I have been led to my purpose in life - share my thoughts, words and stories to be of service to others. 


365 days have passed since everything changed for me. I am healthy, strong and have purpose.  I cannot ask for anything more.  It’s a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugaring my Crown

Feel to Heal

2020