MY CANCER TIMELINE


9/15/16

I found a lump in my left breast.

 

9/22/16

I had my first set of mammograms.

 

9/29/16

I had a biopsy of the lump and  tissue samples were sent to the lab.

 

10/4/16

I was told by my primary care doctor that I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma aka breast cancer.

 

10/6/16

I met with a doctor who would become my breast surgeon. 
 
I also had genetic testing done as I have a family history of BRCA I gene mutation that I was not aware of until I shared my diagnosis with my family.

*results- I am a BRCA I gene mutation carrier

 

10/13/16

I had a MRI on both breasts.  I also met with a doctor who would become my plastic surgeon.

 

10/19/16

I had a biopsy on an enlarged lymph node in my left axillary area that was found in the MRI.  A lump was found in my right breast in the MRI but could not be biopsied at that time because it could not be seen in an ultrasound. This was when I firmly decided on bilateral mastectomy with tissue expander placement  and had it scheduled for 11/22/16.

 

10/24/16

I had a full body PET scan to check for any other abnormalities.

*results- no abnormalities found

 

10/31/16

I met with an oncologist to answer all the remaining questions I had.  She became my primary oncologist and worked with the team of doctors on my case.

 

11/22/16

SURGERY DAY-Bilateral Mastectomy with tissue expander placement

 

11/29/16

Emergency Surgery-Evacuation Hematoma

I had a torn artery in my left breast that caused major blood loss into a hematoma.

 

1/5/17

First dose of chemotherapy-Adriamycin and Cytoxin.

*My chemo program is every other week, 4 doses of A/C the 4 doses of Taxol.

 

1/9/17

First day back to work since 11/20/16

 

Coming up…

 

4/14/17

Last dose of Taxol and I’ll be done with chemo!!!

Woohoooooooooooo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugaring my Crown

Feel to Heal

2020